The successful candidate will perform the following duties related to design-build and design-bid-build highway improvement projects:
- Responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of design on large complex alternative delivery projects to
- include Design-Build and PPP projects.
- Effectively maintain diverse relationships with the Contractor, Owner Representatives, and any number of project
- stakeholders and influencers.
- Responsible for the Planning, direction, coordination of multi-discipline staff in a high intensity environment, often including multi-office execution.
- Works directly with project controls and scheduling staff to manage the project, analyze Earned Value and Schedule performance, and effectively work with various team interfaces to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Responsible for the overall quality and coordination of the work performed, client interface, utilization of staff, reputation and reflection of the Team and JACOBS, contract management, billing collection, and control of project profitability
- Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable for support and growth of the Design-Build Practice Nationally.
Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
- Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Responsible for the leadership, interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of project assignments and managing projects that are larger in scope and complexity
- Assist Group Manager in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients
- Work within other subgroups and may interact with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, other consultants, and professional organizations
- Work will involve attending meetings, making presentations, and responding to questions
- Work closely with other staff in other departments which may not be within the same office
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Minimum 15 years experience in complex multi-discipline highway project design management, including one or more Design-Build and/or PPP projects as Design Manager or Deputy Design Manager
- Design/Build project experience is required
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) is required
- Travel likely required depending on location of hire. Parameters of travel open.
- Must have the work authorization of USA or Canada.