Industry leading designer and manufacturer of aircraft avionics and advanced power solutions has an immediate need for a Sr Electrical Design Engineer to join their growing team, on direct hire basis, in the South Kansas area. Position is responsible for the electrical design & testing of power converters. Strong relocation package is offered. Compensation will be relevant to experience level.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
- DC-AC power converter design.
- Lead full life-cycle of product design efforts from inception to manufacturing.
- Design circuit schematics and layout of PCB implementation.
- Design circuit protections to environmental threats per DO-160 requirements.
- Build & troubleshoot prototype hardware in office and lab environments.
- Design manufacturing & test process tools for product integration.
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- BS Electrical Engineering Degree.
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience, specifically with DC-AC static inverter design
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) & Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) knowledge & experience.
- Familiar with DO-160 requirements & have experience designing products to comply with those standards.
- Experience with switched-mode power circuits and custom magnetic components is required.
- Schematic and PCB layout experience is required (PADS, LTSpice)
- Experience with design for manufacture (DFM) & design for test (DFT) principles.
<Benefits for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Great salary, benefits, growth opportunities and relocation package (if required).
This Job is located in Wichita, KS -> United States
Keywords: power converter,analog,pcb,life-cycle design, do-160, electromagnetic interference, electromagnetic compatibility, pads, ltspice, design for manufacture, design for test