Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Controls Engineer will monitor and control a project’s scope, cost and schedule against an approved project baseline. Duties include:
- The tracking and reporting of actual commitments and expenditure of funds against a target budget.
- Reporting on the analysis of project costs and performance.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining the project controls software and ensuring its proper usage.
- Responsible for document control, which involves the logging, tracking and status reporting of documentation.
- Maintain the master program schedule.
- Manage the preparation of monthly progress reports.
- Manage the processing of contractor payment applications.
- Provide support to the Project Manager in terms of scope change management and ensuring that the associated processes and controls are fully implemented.
- Estimate the cost of proposed contract changes.
- Maintain a risk register to identify and communicate the project risks, who owns each risk, and risk mitigation measures.
- Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering, or architecture required.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a project controls or a related field. This should include a minimum of two years on a construction site.
- The candidate must be proficient with Prolog or other commercial and/or proprietary project controls system, and Microsoft Office.
- The candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills and a desire to work to work with details.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada.