Specific responsibilities include:
- Working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Drafting, reviewing, and/ or revising technical documents related to acquisition (i.e. Statement of Work, Project Work Statements, and Specifications).
- Drafting, reviewing, and/or revising documents related to engineering (i.e. Safety documents such as Programmatic Environmental, Safety, and Health Evaluation ( PESHE), Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Technical Review Action Plans, DIACAP documentation, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), System and Software Architecture products, (etc).
- Planning and developing test processes and procedures for evaluating and demonstrating new and emerging capabilities and interfaces.
- Overseeing the design, technical documentation and implementation of training systems.
- Lending support guidance and technical input at IPT meetings, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), Prime Item Development Specification (PIDS), Systems Requirements Reviews (SRS), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Government Preliminary Inspections (GPI) and Government Final Inspections (GFI).
- Reviewing and providing comments on formal project Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) artifacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a BS degree from an accredited engineering school plus five (5) to eight (8) years related engineering experience, or an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) to six (6) years of related engineering experience or PhD from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) to three (3) years of related engineering experience.
- Ability to work with others to understand requirements, collaborate on development, and receive user feedback.
- Experience with military target and battlefield effect systems is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Future Army System of Integrated Targets (FASIT) requirements is a plus.
- Experience with DIS/HLA integration and CTIA based products is highly desirable.
- Working experience with Visio, AutoCad or drafting software is desirable.
- Experience with the X-Protect Video Management System software is a plus.
- Must be competent in the MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) with SharePoint experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Position will require frequent travel.
- Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- A current Secret Security Clearance is desired.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Work Environment :
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Orlando, FL.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.