- This position is considered an entry level and will work under the guidance and direction of experienced engineers.
- Will participate in assessing proposed or modified software modifications and determine software criticality.
- Will participate in evaluating all safety critical software for both its safety as an independent component and as it contributes to the overall system safety and development of software safety assessments.
- Will participate in ensuring requirements and specifications are captured in a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Will participate in formal and informal reviews to identify improvements or problems to various items such as: requirements, design, architecture, code, test procedures and documentation.
- Will participate in testing code to ensure it works as designed and meets requirements during development and prior to release. This will include informal integration testing and formal Verification and Validation testing.
- Will participate in the release of the product following successful software testing in life cycles that use that process.
- Will participate in witnessing the installation of the software on its target system(s) following software release.
- Assure software plans, procedures, processes, and standards have been established and implemented.
- Will participate in ensuring software configuration management methods are maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from accredited engineering school or related engineering/technical field.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company